mdpe water main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The incoming water main terminates at stop cock (mdpe to 22mm copper) in unit under kitchen sink. the problem is that the mdpe comes up about 450mm from wall taking up all the space in the unit.

I'm currrently fitting a new kitchen and would like to extend the mdpe pipe under the new units so that the stop cock is behind/accesible through back of the unit. Can I use to 90 deg bends with mdpe or is there a 90 deg mdpe to copper? Is this an acceptable way of doing things?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
reducer sets are available for mdpe fittings 20mm-15 or 25-22.etc which will fit into any fitting e.g straight,elbow or tee.just go to a merchants and they will prob help you out.

The reason it's 450mm from the wall is to comply with the 750mm minimum distance from the outside wall.

Sponsored Links
Does that mean I shouldn't push it back to the wall once it's entered the property?

Ok thanks. So no problem with 90 deg elbow just above floor level, 300 - 400mm of mdpe another 90 deg elbow, mdpe into stopcock?

Also I read something in the forum's about a double check valve, currently there isn't one, do I need to install one? The house is only 8 years old, should it already have one?

No you don't need one unless it's a multiple occupancy building, or there's a risk of back flow.

Just had a thought, will having the 2 90 deg elbows cause any problems with supply pressure? have a Megaflow setup if that makes any difference. Thanks

No but you need to clip it well so the pipe doesn't flap about, or it will :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back