MDPE 25mm water service (Drain off valve)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I’m fitting a new 25mm MDPE water main into my property under UU’s lead replacement scheme. Does anyone know if you can get a suitable MDPE drain off valve fitting? All I can see is copper!

You seem to be able to easily get hold of MDPE stopcock’s so can’t understand why MDPE plastic drain off valve shouldn’t be available also. This would avoid me having to use copper compression stock cock and drain off and then switching back to plastic barrier pipe (15mm) inside.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Sponsored Links
You can use an MDPE stopcock, reduce to 15mm barrier and immediately incorporate a T with a long stemmed brass drain cock like the JG speedfit one. Try screwfix (part no 12232) or any plumbers merchant.

MDPE draincocks, why? MDPE is, in the main, fitted underground. Where would the water drain to?
It's simple to make a drain tee using a poly x poly x female tee and screwed drain cock.

When you say "All I can see is copper!" do you mean:

A:
conex-301da-15mm-straight-coupling-mounting-2066471607-1000x1000.jpg

Or B:
ae235

A fits pipe to pie, B fits into a tee.

Why not use a 25 X 15mm stop cock. http://www.wickes.co.uk/15mm-x-25mm-poly-stopcock-mdpe/invt/226921/
Then a push-fit tee and drain cock.

Sponsored Links
Not sure why you need a 25mm drain valve.

The drain valve should be fitted just after the stop tap, not on the mdpe.

Andy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back