2D communal lights to LED conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My block of flat has 64 round wall communal lights, using 2D 4 pin tubes (16w). Most lights are also emergency lights (with battery packs).

If we want to convert those to LED, is it just a matter of buying a 2D LED lamp to replace the fluorescent tube?

Something like http://www.ledison-led-lights.co.uk/p/LED+2D+Lamp+9watt/62.htm

Will the battery pack still operate?

Ideally, we are looking for replacements with motion sensor (microwave sensors), built-in battery packs and 16 watt equivalent (warm white), but I can't source those in the UK, so may just replace the tubes by LED for now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The spec does say "direct replacement". So it should work.
I have had no experience with this, before you jump in and buy 64, just buiy one or two and check them out.

Do let us know how you get on..

They are only direct replacement for magnetic ballast types WITH THE STARTER REMOVED. They are unlikely to be compatible with your em type.

You can get repayment LED lamps with their own in built em kits.

I would advise you to look at the Kosnic ones, which have the em pack. I woud also advise you get a electrician to fit the em ones, as a little rejigging would be required in the fitting.

It by far better to disconnect the starter completely.

Ideally, we are looking for replacements with motion sensor (microwave sensors), built-in battery packs and 16 watt equivalent (warm white), but I can't source those in the UK

Try uk company JCC, there Led fittings are round and a modern version of the 16 watt fitting, they also do a motion sensor which fits on the side by drilling a 20mm hole

Sponsored Links
Ideally, we are looking for replacements with motion sensor (microwave sensors), built-in battery packs and 16 watt equivalent (warm white), but I can't source those in the UK

Try uk company JCC, there Led fittings are round and a modern version of the 16 watt fitting, they also do a motion sensor which fits on the side by drilling a 20mm hole

I have fitted loads of the JCC 16 and 28, and while they are great (with add on cowls etc), they are not retro fit into to existing fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back