Led bulkhead lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen a 16w led light fitting that states :

"This luminaire contains a built-in non replaceable LED lamp of the energy class A++ to A. Meridian Lighting"

Now I know that they advertise average 30000 hours use but I cannot seem to find a fitting that has a replaceable lamp.

Can anyone here offer me any info on a 16w Led bulkhead light fitting that has microwave sensor with emergency back up that (is it asking too much) has a replaceable led lamp base.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why do need to want to change the lamp. 30,000 OPERATIONAL hours is a long time.

If you MUST be able to change the lamp, buy a fitting that takes an ES or BC lamp, and buy a LED lamp to fit in there.

But, honestly, you'll be better off with the integrated unit.

PS, what is a microwave detector?
Does it tell you when someone is heating up the soup?

Have you never fitted microwave detectors? They're like PIRs but do not need direct line of site with a person to operate.

Sponsored Links
Why do need to want to change the lamp. 30,000 OPERATIONAL hours is a long time.
I am not a "purist" but when offering a client an option on corridor lighting it annoys me to have to say after approx 6 years the complete light fitting has to be thrown away and you have to pay to have an electrician (rather than a handyman who changes the bulbs) change all the lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back