led bulb for bulkhead pir

ih

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
just bought couple of bulkhead pir lights without bulbs.instructions are use max 60w es lamp.(e27)
the luminare is compatible with bulbs of the energy classes A to E
1.can I use led bulb if so what watts ?
2.just for my knowledge will this light work with CFL lamp ?
thanking in advance
P.s. the bulkhead is with plastic diffuser

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
1. unless it states not to then any e27 should be compatible - he only time I have known issues with LED is when a dimmer is part of the PIR and the LED buld is not dim compatible. As for wattage anything up to 60 watts. I think I put 4 watt Diall branded bulbs that are very good replacements for 60 watt standard filament bulbs.
2. Again unless stated yes - infact I have some that have CFLs in still but most have been replaced for LED

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: ih
Direction may be a problem. The LED bulb is normally designed to shine away from the base. But a standard tungsten bulb shines in all directions no shaded by the base. I used a R7s LED tube replacement and the part which would normally be reflected has no light output.
imgp6604_1-jpg.95691
You can see in the picture how all the LED's shine out. It depends how the bulb is mounted but you may end up with a rather odd light patten.

• Thanks
Reactions: ih

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back