Swapping Halogen bulb for Led

Sponsored Links
Some wont work I assume due to the electronics needing the higher load, best to check the instructions first.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Might just buy a LED PIR then and save the hassle. No problem for me to hard wire it in but as they are listed as integral I'm guessing the whole unit has to be changed once they fail.

Was thinking just changing a bulb would be simpler and cheaper in the future and something my Son could manage.

Might just buy a LED PIR then and save the hassle.
Well, try it first. There might not be any hassle.
You don't need a dimmable one.

No problem for me to hard wire it in but as they are listed as integral I'm guessing the whole unit has to be changed once they fail.
Probably.

Was thinking just changing a bulb would be simpler and cheaper in the future
It might be in the present.

and something my Son could manage.
One would hope so.

Trouble is the OP has to buy it first before trying it. Could be a waste of money. Might be interesting to see a link to it.

My ASD half lantern with pir works fine with led.

Thought it was only light switch timers that have problems with low loads

It all depends on the design. It may work. It may not. It depends if the design depends on the conduction through a filament having a certain characteristic. One wonders how anyone can be selling a luminiere with an obsolescent lamp anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back