2D lamp ballast change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an Ansell light fitting that no longer works. It has a 2D 4 pin fluorescent lamp in it and an
Ohmtronic electronic ballast. Could I change the ballast, assuming that this is what is faulty?

Or could I change the 2D lamp to an LED plate type sort?

Sponsored Links
You can change either. Are you sure its the ballast, and not the lamp?
personally i would change to LED.

I like LEDs. I have three of these Ansell fittings in my kitchen and, if changing to LED is easy and fairly cheap, I'd change the other two as well. How do I go about it?

Sponsored Links
Taylortwocities,
Having digested your advice, I have decided to change to LEDs altogether. I've installed a Robus Ohio12w integral Led bulkhead as a test and am very pleased with it. I'll change two more next week.
Thanks very much for your replies.

i converted the 2D's in my own house to led

rip out all the insides and fit a lampholder and led bulb

you can even fit a flush pir into the cover with silicone

mikehammer69
Good idea. I'll play with that when I get the time.
Thanks.

Taylortwocities,
Having digested your advice, I have decided to change to LEDs altogether. I've installed a Robus Ohio12w integral Led bulkhead as a test and am very pleased with it. I'll change two more next week.
Thanks very much for your replies.
This is a much better idea. The LED retrofits are not good. Enclosing them in a plastic case with no airflow just results in lower light output and reduced life

aptsys,
I can see that and will replace units with new integral LED lights. Glad you posted! Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back