2m by 0.8m as ensuite ? Too small?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am making a guest room have a en suite. Attached are plan.

Do you think it works?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 1,286
Sponsored Links
It will be snug but functional.

Choose the sanitayware carefully, compact WC etc.

I used to have guest showerroom that small and was ok.
If possible I think I would move the door to the right so the door frame matches the biggest floor space as at the moment you have to goto the room in at an angle to miss the front of the toilet.
sfk

Sponsored Links
Or hang the door the other way - ie.hinged on the left -or have a slider.

Shower door or curtain? Door may need to concertina or open inwards to avoid basin.

800mm is OK, the length of my en-suite is 2.5m and its OK. Hinge the door very close to the shower. I used a macerator and close coupled suite which I boxed in to give a shelf above the cistern, because the infra red heater was on the wall above the toilet suite. We also used an electric towel rail high on the wall to the side of the suite. the other odd thing was to get a toilet roll holder with a glass shelf over the paper so it could be mounted very close to the basin. Which in our case was full size pedestal.
The other oddity was a home made heat exchanger that sucked wet air out over the shower and blew the warm air in over the toilet. Not a 100% success, it works but I have had not made any measurements to find out how efficient it is. Still I wonder if any are good enough to remove the totality of moisture in a small space such as this in a relative short period (10 mins toilet timer, 40 minutes shower timer).
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back