2M Fence onto an old Brick Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting up a fence to replace an old brick wall, I removed all the bricks down to the concrete foundations. Do I try and get up the foundations and postcrete the fence in or should I use a 4" post shoe? The posts are substantial and quite heavy, not sure how good post shoes are?

Sponsored Links
I prefer to set them, but you will have a good secure post if screwed into a footing.
Save some bloody had work too..?

Make sure you fix the shoe securely using rawbolts which are long enough to retain it with the post fitted.
What size posts are you using? How far below the surface are the original wall foundations?
If they are deep enough you may be able to stand the post on top of the foundation slab and then hold it secure with a new concrete 'boot'.

Sponsored Links
whats the area like for being very windy?
Myself I'd hate to use joints like described if a 2m high fence (by how long?) is going to be subject to high wind loads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back