2nd story and garage conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This was my last project, we had a builder in to do the main brickwork and roof, but me and my father in law did everything else from plumbing, electrics, plasterboarding, floorings, all the plastic windows everything else basically. Took a while, but worth the savings. Main took about 9 weeks, we took another probably 4 to 5 months to till we moved in. But as it was all really outside the main house till the doorway was knocked through on the landing it was not an issue.

Pic of house as we moved in and now.

pixlr_20160916111753668.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
One room I am particularly proud of is my new ensuite bathroom, which took quite some time to do, about 6 weeks i think if not longer. We had a blank space and I wanted a high end bathroom. So I custom built all the framework for a sit in shower and bath surround and fitted all cabinets everywhere for maximum storage. I used all Crosswater Digital controls for bath, shower and sink. I always wanted a rain shower, and the wife liked normal, so i fitted rain, handheld and 2 mini heads. The showerbis 1300 x 1000, the bath is 6' x 900mm.

Then tiled everything in very heavy and hard procelean tiles, which were a pain. I picked up a standard shower door and return, removed the return from the framed and got a custom made glass screen made to go over the bath surround, whoch was alot cheaper. The ensuite is 3mtrs by nearly 3mtrs and I am so happy how it turned out, it feels very special.

FB_IMG_1510067112432.jpg
FB_IMG_1510067115076.jpg
FB_IMG_1510067109248.jpg
FB_IMG_1510067123280.jpg

Sponsored Links
My FIL has been a builder for 50 years, pretty much retired now (he won't really retire properly lol). So he has done everything from building houses, extensions, driveways, everything basically. I have just been learning from him really, I pick things up quite quickly so it's been really good getting some knowledge and skills.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back