2xFused Switches??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me why you can buy a double plug socket to attach to a ring main, which can accept two fused plugs, and you can buy single fused switches to attach to the ring main; but I cant find a double fused/unfused switch to add to a ring main.

Basically I have added a spur to my kitchen circuit and want to run the power for 2 x under-cupboard spotlights to it. Rather than have them plug in (and because my kitchen is small and cluttered) I want to run the cables straight into a double fused switch - but can't find one for love nor money! Is there a reason you can't buy these things?!

Sponsored Links
perhaps its because you do not know for sure which fuse does what.

That said you could have two spurs side by side and have it running two separate apliances (also side by side) and the left spur feeding the right appliance, not that you would do it but you could

Unless your spotlights are more than 1.5kW each (in which case they would also double as handy under-cupboard grills :D ), they can both run of the same spur - any reason why you can't have an unswitched FCU and an ordinary 2-gang light switch next to each other?

Or use a 4-gang grid plate? If you put the fuses in the outside apertures it should be intuitive which one is which.

Both of these solutions would take up the space of a double box though, but if you could buy what you wanted it'd be a heck of a squeeze for the manufacturer to fit it into a single-box size.

Sponsored Links
MK do a "Grid Plus" were you make them up yourself,

K3434SAB.JPG

Then all you need is your 2x fuse spurs / 2x switches

Either in brass/white/brushed chrome etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back