3.5mm hole in new washer waste pipe!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello what a pratt i am! upon fitting my single skt in base unit for my washer ls thing at night i drilled through the backboard with a 3.5mm drillbit for my skt box fixings & i drilled str8 through the side of my washer waste pipe which is behind the newly fitted kitchen! to swap the 40mm pipe now would be a nightmare as it was awkward getting it through the outside wall to start with very tight..so my problem is what do i do now.. if i made the hole in the kitchen backboard say 25mm with a holesaw is there anything i could try seal the hole with ? and then maybe twist the pipe behind the washer so that the hole is on the top ? when a washer releases its waste water into the waste pipe through its 20mm hose etc how much water flow actually flows into the waste pipe ? does it trickle through filling half the 40mm wastepipe meaning i might get away with it or does it gush through filling the whole pipe lots of pressure meaning i now have a big problem ? any ideas solutions to solve this guys much appreciated cheers :(

Sponsored Links
Just an idea..... Buy a 40mm fitting (doesn't matter if it's a straight or a bend), cut the fitting with a hack saw so that you are left with half of a female socket, then solvent weld it to the pipe

yeah cheers guys these are options only if i could get to the damaged part of the pipe..as its right behind the base unit and the end panels are cut tight up to the plumbing pipes etc..if i pulled the pipe in towards the washer 600mm gap i wouldnt get it back through the outside wall at the other end :eek: might have to try twisting the pipe so the hole is at the top and see how i go..im goosed at moment :mad: :)

Sponsored Links
Why not get a large stainless self tapping screw, coat it liberally with silicone and screw it in the hole?
John :)

Usually as the pressure is so low any adhesive like Araldite or even bath sealer would usually stick to the pipe if you roughened it with some emery paper.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back