3 Color LED Downlights and Alexa with smart switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Has anyone tried to setup a routine on Alexa to flick between the 3 colours on the LED Downlights?

IMG_20220318_234852.jpg

I have had the lights installed which work perfectly by toggling the light switch but I would like to use the smart switch to be able to do that on voice command.

I was wondering if anyone has managed to setup a routine that does what toggling a light switch manually.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it does but it doesn't have skills for the function

On Smartlife app I have 4 options white, colour, scene, music and under scene I can select colourful, grogeous etc. But the options vary with type of bulb and if connecting direct or with zigbee.

Sponsored Links
Ye
On Smartlife app I have 4 options white, colour, scene, music and under scene I can select colourful, grogeous etc. But the options vary with type of bulb and if connecting direct or with zigbee.
Yes, and there’s an Alexa app for Smart Life. But that is not the app that the OP is using. He needs to talk to the supplier to have their app included as a skill on Alexa.

If the toggling is by simply timing the on/off's of the switch, then I would doubt Alexa AND A smart switch could time the switching accurately enough for the purpose.

If the toggling is by simply timing the on/off's of the switch, then I would doubt Alexa AND A smart switch could time the switching accurately enough for the purpose.

Exactly.. I tried the toggle but it totally messes it.. sometimes it doesn't end up at the right color.. other times some bulb are one color then others different

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back