3 Extra Rads after Loft Conversion. Bigger Pump Needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just had a loft conversion completed with 3 new rads installed (2 rads and 1 towel rad) The Rads are about 1.2m long by 500mm high.

Its a system with a header tank and the rads are bleeding through fine so I believe the tank is high enough.

The rads dont get as hot as the others in the house and I have tried turning the flow down to other rads in the house.

Currently has a Grunfoss pump fitted. It has a Red Body and is class H. Other numbers on it are UPS 15-60 and TF110. It has a switch with 3 settings and is currently on 3.

Should I be thinking of fitting a bigger higher flowing pump now with the extra demand from the new rads or does the system need some extra pressure and bleeding again? There does seem to be some air getting into the 2 new rads but this is getting less each time I bleed.

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
very unlikely you need a bigger pump. depends on how many rads in total, not how many rads added

very unlikely you need a bigger pump. depends on how many rads in total, not how many rads added

There are 16 in total.

7 on Ground floor
6 on Second Floor
3 on 3rd Floor

Pump is on second floor.

Is it just a finer art of balancing them better?

Either it needs balancing, most system do, or sludge in pipes and rads, most open vents have

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back