Loft conversion rad - advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice/solution to an issue I have with a radiator in our loft conversion which struggles to get hot.
Combi boiler (Ideal Exclusive 35) on ground floor.
Loft is 2nd floor.

We moved into our house 2 years ago.
The loft had already been converted (in 90s) and has 1 radiator and 1 towelrail.
The radiator was very old and would never get hot despite plenty of bleeding/rebalancing and a plumber checking system and finding no faults.
So decided to have a new radiator/valves fitted and briefly this seemed to sort the issue.

However, very quickly I noticed that the new rad was no longer getting hot. Towel rail always gets hot.
Try to bleed and nothing would come out at all. Turn off every rad in the house and the loft rad would get hot and would require bleeding.
And would then work for a week or so before the same process had to be done again.

Last year we had a ground floor extention added.

Boiler was moved (remains on ground floor) and 3 new rads added to ground floor
Total rads =
6 ground floor
6 first floor
1 loft + towelrail
Had the plumber check what the issue was with loft radiator. He suggested it was a balancing problem and balanced the system.

Again this only fixed the problem temporarily.
With 1-2 week loft radiator no longer working unless I turn off every rad in the house. Then bleed that rad.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 different plumbers have tried and failed to fix the problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back