3 out of 12 rads not working after re-filling system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a towel rail in place of radiator in bathroom - on re-filling system 3 out of 12 rads won't heat up. I suspect an air lock but all rads are full of water (from vent screw)

I have :

Bled Rads
Bled Pump
Closed working rads to divert pressure to non working etc

Can't seem to shift air

System is fed from heat and expansion tank (not combi)

Is there any other point at which air can be purged from system? there is a pipe terminating near the copper cylinder in airing cupboard which appears to have a "screw top"

Two things you should know:

Downstairs radiators fed from above down wall in 15mm pipe - no drain cock on rads so these remained full of water when system drained.

One downstairs radiator currently off wall/ disconnected for redecorating

Will either of these factors affect re-filling?

The cold rads are : The one used to drain system (lowest) one downstairs rad (fed from above) one upstairs rad (opposite end of house from downstairs rad BUT DIRECTLY ABOVE RAD USED TO DRAIN SYSTEM)

Upstairs rad in main bedroom so "her indoors" starting to nag!

Sponsored Links
whodareswins said:
There is a pipe terminating near the copper cylinder in airing cupboard which appears to have a "screw top"

That is a bleed point. Open it until water escapes.

Also consult the FAQ, 5th post down for rad problems :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back