3 out of 7 cold

cgs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fired up the ole boiler to find out that 3 of the 7 rads wont get hot. try to bleed and cold water immediately comes out. actually, one gets warm water coming out, but by no means hot. both supply and return pipes are cold to rad(s).

the 2 cold rads are above each other off the same mains ( also cold)

the system pressure is at about 15 psi.

is the system not totally full ??? how can i tell if it is or not ?? is there an air pocket somewhere in the line ??? how do i flush it out ??

lookin for your input. thanks, cooper

Sponsored Links
Turn the hot ones off. Do the others get hot?

not real sure i can shut off all the hot ones --some of the valves are ancient -- if there is no stopping point (turning left and/or right ) can it be turned off ??? -- thanks, cooper

you will need to get the valves fixed...the system either has blockages or needs balancing on the rad valves. Water will take the path of least resistance which is why you need to close these valves to try to force it through the cold ones, once its circulating it will be fine and you can turn the others back on. Try turning your pump and boiler stat up full as well while you're trying to force the circulation.

Sponsored Links
i'll give it go -- thanks

will opening up the air valve on the cold rads and letting the water come thru help the circulation ?? thanks again -- cooper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back