Single Cold Radiator - Appears unblocked and no air-trap...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I've done a search on this and have read several responses to similar topics...

I have a single cold radiator in the first floor front bedroom - what I imagine to be the 'last in the loop'. The pipes to/from the rad are also cold.

The system was installed over the summer and I now have an all new system fed from a cold water loft tank (i.e. no need to monitor pressure and feed in water), using a hot water tank & pump.

The rads are NOT new, but have been flushed.

All the rest of the rads in the house are nice and warm.

The cold rad has been heating fine over the last few weeks, but in the last 5-10 days is now stone cold.

I've bled it a couple of times, but it appears to have no air pockets.

Last night I closed off the valves and took it off. I drained it, and although some black water came out, it didn't appear blocked. I ran both valves before replacing it and water flowed freely.

I re-attached the rad and let in water. I could hear this flowing well and as it was warm water, I could immediately feel the rad warm. However, no further warmth was forthcoming as this initial flush decreased.

It's NOT a Thermostatic Radiator Valve.

The only other thing I have to try tonight is to bleed the other rads and see if an air pocket has shifted and also to close off some of the other rads and see if that has an effect.

So... what now?

Thanks!
Simon

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back