3 phase wind turbine feed in question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not really had any experience of renewable energy sources but been asked to install 2 of 3 phase boards for a farm which is having 2 of 11Kw 3 phase wind turbines. 1 phase will eventually supply new house, other to supply existing temporary caravans and barn conversion and the last phase will supply the other new house when the old farmhouse is demolished. Caravan supply will be removed when house built. Customer is concerned about balancing the load. From what I gather what is generated and not used on site will be fed back into the grid. So if the house is off 1 phase, other 2 phases will not be connected as of yet and what they produce is fed back in. Will this unbalanced load effect the turbines or will the electronic controls be able to cope with this. Am I right in the other 2 unconnected phases producing electric will be money for the customer.

Sponsored Links
What ever is not used by the site will be consumed by the grid. No balancing issues with the turbine.

Customer will receive their payments for every Kwh generated, regardless of where the lecky ends up, if the customer uses it them self, they obviously save further. There will be generation meters associated with the turbines aswell as a standard meter at the origin.

Sponsored Links
Customer is concerned about balancing the load.
I hope he also "concerned" about the negative aspects of having a wind turbine on his land. If he has lifestock then the very low frequency vibrations in air and ground can affect animals. There is ( apparantly ) a significant pulse of air disturbance as a blade passes the column. In cold weather ice thrown from blades can damage property in the throw zone.

And do the neighbours object.

There is place for wind turbines as a variable and un-reliable source of power but equally there are many places where the played down hazards make installing a turbine an over all negative.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back