3 Port Honeywell mid position valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this valve my be broken?
The hot water side is fine but when the heating is called for...rads not getting hot, so i tested the manual leaver and there is no spring action.
The valve is only a couple of years old, it has the dimple on the cover.
Can i ask, what part do you think has failed and do i need to replace the unit or just a part of this valve.
Thanks for any info.
pete

Sponsored Links
Remove the silver top cover from the valve after isolating electrics.Re connect and start system and see if there is any movement of the motor and levers inside.If not then you need to test the synchron motor for 240v supply and also check motor windings for possible open circuit.You really need a multimeter and a fair degree of DIY skill to do this.If the synchron has failed they can be replaced and retail for about £15.

If the valve is not operating correctly then it is better to replace the valve motorhead complete as it may be the gears have failed.

Thanks for the replies.
Will have to give them a go over the weekend and i will repost the update.
pete

Sponsored Links
Sorry should have asked, if i need to replace the valve motorhead complete, can it be done without draining down?
pete

yes, there is no need to drain the system to change the powerhead.

If the metal cover on the actuator head has a dimple on the top, the head can be changed without a drain down. before you go and buy a actuator head, remove the cover held by 1 screw. the undo the two screws which hold the actuator to the valve body and pull off the actuator (motor head). and see how stiff the shaft is to turn, it only has a very small movement. you should be able to twist it by finger & thumb.
If it is too tight it may be that you need a complete valve rather than just a new actuator

Yes i would like to welcome Oilmonkey31 also and say thanks for your reply. This is a great Forum and very helpful people.

O/k, did have a quick look under the cover and found a loose cable. Reconnected and alls well now.
pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back