3-port motorised valve query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some help and advice in regard to a problem my parents are having whereby when 'Hot Water Only' is selected the radiators also warm up. After looking at other threads in the forum the fault looks to be the 3-port motorised valve that they have. My questions are as follows;

1) Is there a way I can remove the actuator head on the current valve as it is a Tower MP3-22C and I'm unable to see how to get this off to try to turn the spindle manually to see if stuck ?

2) If I replace the entire valve and actuator can I replace it with a 'Horstmann 3 port motorised valve' as listed on Screwfix as it seems to have the same wires as the existing Tower one ? If not, which one do you recommend ?

3) I have looked at the wiring of the existing Tower valve and the wires to the junction box don't all seem to match the Honeywell Y plan standard. They are as follows;

Grey to junction 5
White to junction 4
Blue to junction N
Orange to junction 9
Yellow\Green to Earth

If I replace the valve should I just match the wiring on the new valve to the same locations as used above ?

Are there any other pitfalls I should look out for when replacing the valve or tips to help ?

Your help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Barrie

Sponsored Links
I would go for a complete new Honeywell valve.

Stick to wiring the new valve as the colurs you already have, as you may not have a standard wired honeywell system.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I was looking on the internet and found this valve : 'Honeywell V4073A 3 Port Mid-Position Valve 22mm' for £65 from Plumbworld.co.uk.

Do you reckon this is the one that I should go for ?

Quick question. Are the wire colours standard on all of these valves ?

Many thanks

Barrie

Thats the one. Honeywell wiring colours are the industry standard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back