Actuator for Tower mid-pos valve VAL322MP ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a Tower 22mm 3-port mid-position valve (VAL322MP) nine months ago, now its stopped working. With both input wires live, it should drive to CH position and the orange wire (boiler control wire) should go live, but it does nothing.

I guess the actuator (motor box) can be replaced, but Tower don't seem to sell the actuator separately, or provide instructions for removing/refitting the actuator.

The Tower unit looks very similar to a Honeywell. Can I fit a Honeywell actuator to the Tower valve? The entire Tower unit costs less than a Honeywell actuator, but if Honeywell actuator is higher quality I'd prefer to fit one, IF it is compatible.

Thanks for some advice, Phil.

Sponsored Links
At 9 months old it will still be under warranty. Take it back and get a replacement FOC.

Sponsored Links
I don't want to replace with another Tower if Honeywell are better quality and compatible. I don't want to be doing the job again in another nine months. I'd rather pay for a quality actuator.

So, is the Tower valve compatible with a Honeywell actuator?

Phil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back