3 port valve problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone...

Our heating and hot water was working fine until today when we had a plumber come to swap a radiator out for a bigger one, fit a new immersion element with housing, install drain valves to all ground floor radiators and then balance the system.

The heating is working great but the hot water no longer works.... upon phoning the plumber he told me to slide the valve from automatic to manual and leave it for a while but it appears to be heating the radiators and not the hot water.

We live in a hard water area and I noticed plenty of scale coming out of the system when it was drained so my question is could a piece of scale be causing the valve to be stuck in the HW position?

Any other suggestions if it's not the scale?

Sponsored Links
Ok, is that something I can fix or does it require the plumber?... He's not sure what the problem is and suggested it was my 6 week old solar system that was causing the issue and not the work which was carried out today..

Sponsored Links
Tell him to come back.
He's not sure what the problem is but thinks the solar could be to blame.

His crystal ball seems to be defective

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back