3 way motorised valve issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, when heating comes on hot water also comes on. But not vice versa. Noticed motorised valve lever was always in centre so i swapped the synchron motor today. Any idea what to try next?

Sponsored Links
yes wire the hive up correctly that you have just installed

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Not to pick fault, but if it worked prior to the Hive install, first thing to look at would be that. Post a photo of the wiring you transferred to the Hive dual channel receiver.

Sponsored Links
Not to pick fault, but if it worked prior to the Hive install, first thing to look at would be that. Post a photo of the wiring you transferred to the Hive dual channel receiver.
Sorry didnt mention it didnt work before Hive install, i was always planning to get it fixed this year but got ahead of myself and installed the hive before getting it fixed

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Which brand of valve are we talking? You might be able to remove the head and check the spindle. It could have also been wired up incorrectly in the first place?

Which brand of valve are we talking? You might be able to remove the head and check the spindle. It could have also been wired up incorrectly in the first place?
Honeywell. Im wondering if it is wired incorrectly as you say. Weve only been in the house 2 years but then wondering its going to cost a fortune to get it diagnosed

If you post a photo of Hive wiring and if you’re able to open up the wiring center and post a photo of that, we should be able to tell you the fault (free) - then you can either sort this yourself or get someone in to diagnose (cost).

Is the grey wire fed with a permanent live feed or has someone used a switched feed from the brown?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back