3-way motorised valve - recommendations please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

About fifteen months ago I replaced a faulty 3 way valve with a Horsman unit (purchased from screwfix), well tonight it seems to of given up and caused the boiler to switch off. After a bit of manual fiddling with the lever I managed to get it to work, but the motor part buzzes and clicks so it's not happy.

Looking on the reviews on the screwfix website it's seems quite common for these units to pack up after a year to eighteen months. So now I'm looking for a replacement, but I'm on a budget, so would like to hear recommendations from people here for a decent 3 way motorised valve for less than £60

Sponsored Links
If you want decent it's got to be Honeywell. Well worth paying extra for.

Thanks for the prompt replies guys.

I assume the wiring would be a straight pin for pin swap ?

Sponsored Links
i had a danfoss 3 way valve replaced as it was passing when on water only to heating.
the guy fitted a honeywell 3 way valve and job done but only to find when boiler on pump over run the valve moving between ports would slam shut and bang throughout the pipework.
called guy back,he fitted new honeywell body,same fault,still banging.called him back and asked him to fit a danfoss 3 way valve,as per original part.
he could not be bothered and only charged me labour charge as a good will gesture.
so i fitted a drayton 3 way valve and no slam noise now,think something to do with type of rubber seal.
honeywell is a ball.drayton is a paddle type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back