motorised valve - 3 way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i think my valve is faulty for the below reason,

the heating comes on no problem but wont cool down when room thermostat reaches temperature ( this has been replaced )

the valve never moves, i can make it turn off by moving the lever foward then back again, there is no resistance in the lever either,

if this is fauly is it easy to replace ?

Can the motorised part be replaced only rather than the complete unit ?

Sponsored Links
it does sound like you've got a faulty valve

It's an easy job, well for me it is but I'm a professional, I don't know if it's an easy job for you though.

most valve tops can be changed seperately but depends on age/make.

hi

its a honeywell V4073 and can i ask, what do you mean by changing the top ? just taking the silver box off and replace ?

When my motor was giving problems I removed the headunit only, took it to plumbimg merchants and bought a new one. I left the actual brass valve insitu.

Sponsored Links
When my motor was giving problems I removed the headunit only, took it to plumbimg merchants and bought a new one. I left the actual brass valve insitu.

was it easy to take off as i dont see any screws etc for it to come off

Yeah really easy. I used a mirror and a torch to find the screw holding it on.

DONT FORGET TO TURN ELECTRIC OFF BEFORE STARTING.

Make a note of all electrical conns before disconnecting so you can connect new head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back