3 way valve wiring

Sponsored Links
I have a 3 port valve which has stopped moving to mid point and central heating only positions. I have firstly swapped the motor with no success then swapped the valve head complete for an aftermarket one supplied as the replacement.
The original was a honeywell V4073A1039.
The replacement head will now move from HW to mid point but the motor and spring then oscillate back and fourth continually clicking but again not moving to CH on?

So the replacement head unit (wired to match the old one) may be the wrong one or the problem could be electrical possibly from the controller.
So to test is the White wire the one that should be live to move the motor from HW to Mid point then again to CH only? Do I test with a multimeter neutral to neutral blue and the red MM lead to white?

I'm guessing the original Head unit was probaly ok now I've wasted a day trying to fix it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back