wiring for honewell valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can some one help please. I just replaced a honeywell v4073a motorised mid-position valve. this valve only have five wire but my old one have six wire there are white, grey, orange, blue & green/yellow on this new valve but on my old one there is a RED wire. how do i wire this in.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll find wiring diagram on honeywell site, or search on this forum.
I can tell you
White comes from room stat.
Grey comes from both cylinder stat (satisfied terminal) and HW off terminal at programmer.
Orange goes out to light boiler (joins the one from cylinder stat 'not satisfied').
Blue is neutral.
Green/Yellow is earth.
found it
http://www.honeywelluk.com/lib/pdf/Wiring-Guide-Issue-14.pdf

As your old valve has 6 wires, your attention is drawn to the section headed 'valve compatibility guide' in the wiring guide.

Thankyou :)
All sorted now. I find out that my old valve was a switchmaster. If any one got this make and replaced with a Honeywell the you have to link the RED & orange wire together, The grey wire is your yellow& the white wire is you grey, Blue = Neutral Green&yellow= earth
You'll find wiring diagram on honeywell site, or search on this forum.
I can tell you
White comes from room stat.
Grey comes from both cylinder stat (satisfied terminal) and HW off terminal at programmer.
Orange goes out to light boiler (joins the one from cylinder stat 'not satisfied').
Blue is neutral.
Green/Yellow is earth.
found it
http://www.honeywelluk.com/lib/pdf/Wiring-Guide-Issue-14.pdf[/QUOTE][quote][/QUOTE]

Sponsored Links
Thankyou :)
link the RED & orange wire together, The grey wire is your yellow& the white wire is you grey, Blue = Neutral Green&yellow= earth
Glad you have it sorted, but a bit puzzled by the above.
The valves wire colours are standard. Each has its particular function.
The 'orange' goes to light the boiler, regardless of the colour of the other wire it connects to.
Likewise the 'white' must be fed from the room stat regardless of colour of the other wire it connects to.
The 'grey' is fed from both the cylinder stat and the prorammer, again regardless of the colour of the other wires it connects to.
So don't know what is meant by 'the grey wire is your yellow' and 'the white wire is your grey'.
If you have the 'grey' to 'room stat' and 'white' to 'HW OFF at programmer/cylinder stat' then it would be incorrect

Switch master............ honewell

blue ............................blue
green/y.......................green/y
orange/red...................orange
yellow..........................white
white...........................grey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back