Sunvic programmer 207 wiring of all devices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a central heating system which has none of the wires connected to wiring centre or the programmer. Just the wires hanging.

I have:

Honeywell V4073A Mid Position Valve - 5 wires
white=ch on
orange=boiler & pump live
Grey=HW off
Blue=Neutral
Yellow/green=Earth

Cylinder Stat.(Drayton HTS3)
Brown=C
Yellow/Green=1
Blue=2

Room Stat(Drayton RTS1)
Brown=L
Blue=N
Yellow/Green=Call

Pump
Brown=Live
Blue=Neutral
Green/Yellow=Earth

Boiler
Brown=Switch live
Blue=Neutral
Yellow/Green=Earth

Sunvic 207XLS Prog.
N=
L=
1=
2=
3=
4=

Drayton Wiring Centre LWC1

Could some please explain how i connect all these wires so that I have independant control of HW & CW.

I appreciate any help, many thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have a central heating system which has none of the wires connected to wiring centre or the programmer. Just the wires hanging.
Here is a wiring diagram. It's based on Honeywell components, so there will be some differences in terminal names. I have listed these below.

I see you have a Drayton LWC1 Wiring Centre. This should have comprehensive instructions with it on wiring. If you don't have them, email Drayton [email protected] and they will send you them.

I note that the earth wire (green/yellow) is being used to carry voltage. This is not recommended as an unsuspecting person could get a shock. You can buy three, four and five core cables with and without the earth wire.

View media item 70
Room Stat(Drayton RTS1)
Brown=L Honeywell 1
Blue=N Honeywell 2
Yellow/Green=Call Honeywell 3

Sunvic 207XLS Prog.
N=
L=
1= Honeywell HW OFF
2= Honeywell CH OFF
3= Honeywell HW ON
4= Honeywell CH ON

Thanks for that

Wired as stated. ch switch does not seem to work on timer as it does nothing, hw switch seems to turn on both circuits.

any ideas

Thanks

Nick

Wired as stated. ch switch does not seem to work on timer as it does nothing, hw switch seems to turn on both circuits.
Is the switch on the back of the Sunvic 207 set to P?

Have you cut or installed all the appropriate links in the wiring centre?

Double check your wiring!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the comment.

P is set to on

Checked all wiring - as diagram

All link wiring as per paperwork for wiring centre.

Thanks

Nick

Apparently faulty programmer. However it has been replaced and although i can operate both sides of the programmer I can only get heating when hot water is on.

Any advice on this matter

Thanks

Nick

I can only get heating when hot water is on.

The Wiring Centre has instructions for two systems, Twinzone and Biflo. You need to follow the Biflo Sytem Instructions. If you have a boiler with pump overrun, see the instruction sheet.

If you are sure the wiring is correct and you only get CH with HW ON, then you probably have a faulty mid-pos valve.

Turn off power (not just the programmer to off) - this resets the valve to Hot Water Open.

Disconnect the grey wire at the wiring centre and connect to the main live terminal.

Turn power on

The boiler should go on/off when the room stat is turned up/down and you should get heating only.

If this is OK, check that you get 240v at Cylinder stat T2 and "Wiring Centre Cylinder stat SAT" terminal when the stat is turned down

Check you get 240v at wiring centre "Programmer HW OFF" terminal when HW is OFF at the programmer.

Reconnect grey wire to Wiring centre "mid-pos valve grey terminal".

If electrical tests are OK, the valve may be sticking.

Turn off power to reset valve to HW only

Open the valve to mid position using the lever on the actuator. You should feel resistance as it opens against a spring.

Release lever and check valve returns to Hot water open (lever has resistance).

If the lever feels floppy, remove the valve actuator (box on top) and check that the spindle can turn easily - not a full rotation, about 20 deg. If it is stiff to rotate, lubricate the spindle with a very slight amount of WD40 or similar.

Replace actuator and check again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back