1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

3 x 2m flat roof. Damp in corner of kitchen extension

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by Grumlethegoat, 17 Mar 2013.

1. Grumlethegoat

Grumlethegoat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello,
    I have a small extension on the kitchen at the back of the house (3m x 2m) and it's causing damp in the corner of the kitchen wall.
    I noticed a musty smell in the kitchen last year after we moved in and took one of the kitchen cabinets down and it was thick with mould so I stripped the area of wallpaper and applied a mould remover/killer, used a Flexacryl type roof repair on the roof and then after a month or so things seemed ok so I re-decorated, but I have just noticed damp showing through on the wallpaper again.
    I really can't afford a new roof.
    Should I re-do the Flexacryl?Any other ideas would be great.
    Thank you.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Burnerman

Burnerman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Pics of the damp, please! Although it does sound like the damp is coming from where the extension joins onto the original part of the house, so there could be a flashing problem.
    John :)

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links