30 x 60 porcelain tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice needed for fixing 30 x 60cm porcelain tiles onto a Lafarge Gyvlon screed. ( i assume this is anhydrite screed)?
Wanted to know would Bal PTB flexible be best suited or can i use Bal green screed.
Underfloor heating is below too.
They say " When applying cement-based products such as
leveling compounds or adhesives, the screed must be dry
and should be primed with the appropriate primer as
recommended by the manufacturer of the cement based
product"
So i assume Bal APD primer first?
Any advice appreciated. Happy Xmas

Sponsored Links
the best thing you can do is talk to BAL, if your set on bal or granfix have a similar advise line.

We sell granfix primarily, if you were at my counter i'd advise:
1. 2 neat coats of acrylic primer (assuming it is anhydrite - you'll need to check)
2. flexible fast set 1 part in white
3. grout with maxigrout flexible grout.

You will need to commission the UFH first and check its all ok, then turn it off and ensure the slab is completely cold before starting. Dont turn it on for 48hrs after finishing.

http://www.tradepricetiles.co.uk//media/reference/catalog/technical/gran_fastset_flexible.pdf

Thanks, I assume Bal APD is acrylic, it says "for anhydrite screed floors"
Under floor heating has been on for about a month now and screed down for two months.
The Screed is a Lafarge Gyvlon.

My aim was to sand all floor areas, vacuum then use APD followed by the
Bal PTB Flexible in white. ( cream tiles) although i prefer bal green screed as it has a longer working window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back