3000mm OSB Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would like to replace the roof on my outside workshop. It currently has uPVC corogated sheets. I'm looking to replace it with OSB board and roofing felt.
My problem is, everywhere I look I can only find OSB board at 2440 x 1220 x 18. Anyone know where I can get OSB board in 3000mm lengths?

Sacko

Sponsored Links
Larger than eight foot lenghts of ply were at one time supplied for coach builders but I've not seen and don't know of any supplier at the moment . If you could source them I'd suspect they would be rather expensive as they would be special order.I once worked with special ply that came from Finland and had all the grain running the same way and it cost a fortune.
But what's wrong with jointing the ply? Screw a noggin under the joint and there won't be any problem, cheaper and everythings off the shelf.

Thanks ladylola,

seem's the way to go. I was just being lazy, however being easy on the wallet comes first.

cheers mate

Sponsored Links
I've not seen OSB in lareg sheets but its easy enough to get large press Ply both 10x4 and 10x5

http://www.meyertimber.com/Default.aspx?pid=526&ps=141&pss=246

J

EDIT though large OSB is available

http://hanson-plywood.co.uk/index.php?MenuID=102-112-115&ItemID=78[/QUOTE]

You'll not get it buddy, would be massive MOQ and brought through for special contractson only - most likely portable building manufacture, Hanson wont have it though thats for certain.

As said large size hardwood plywood is commonly available in 10 x 5 and 10 x 4 but would be much more expensive per m2 than 8 x 4. Expect to pay around £50-60 for a 10 x 4 and £70 ish for a 10 x 5 from a local merchant who would probably have to buy in for you. 8 x 4 plywood would be between £20-30 as a rough guide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back