31" Internal Doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
S.O.S

I'm having a problem finding some 'White Oak Doors.' Really I need a couple of 31" Doors in order to fit the space between my lounge and dining room. I can only find 30" * 78" / 32" * 80" / 33" * 78". But really I need a couple of 31" * 78" doors.

If I go for the 32" * 80" doors - I'd be chopping large chunks off all four sides and it won't look right. If I use the 33" * 78" - I'd be cutting loads off the sides and it won't look right.

Somebody suggested adding a piece to my door frame and moving my architrave across - but i've already decorated upto the architrave.

Is there a supplier of 31" doors? Or something obvious that i've missed?

Regards Colin

Sponsored Links
There was a thread a while ago on here where some one was having some made for £400 per door , that's cheap . I'd want double that myself .

pad out the door frame
cut the paper or paint along the back edge of the arcatrave remove and install 25mm bigger arcatrave this will cover up the edge of the paper/paint

Sponsored Links
More urgent than the wax crayon problem

OK I know that this is not strictly related to the op , but how come both posts from colin H, and the responses from Softus days apart, are numbered the same.?

anobium said:
how come both posts from colin H, and the responses from Softus days apart, are numbered the same.?
I don't know you mean by that anobium - could you expand (not literally of course)?

Softus wrote
I don't know you mean by that anobium - could you expand (not literally of course)?

The post number in the left column.
As I look at your post numbers now , one at 7pm and the above reply they are both numbered 11125
God i've just checked and mine at 7.20 and 7.32 are the same number

anobium said:
The post number in the left column.
It isn't a post number.

As I look at your post numbers now , one at 7pm and the above reply they are both numbered 11125
God i've just checked and mine at 7.20 and 7.32 are the same number
It's taking all my resources to avoid being insufferably smug. Are you saying that you haven't noticed this before? :D

Softus wrote smugly

It isn't a post number

In that case what is it?

It's taking all my resources to avoid being insufferably smug. Are you saying that you haven't noticed this before?

Yes. Its taking all my resources to avoid telling you to stop be so condescending.

anobium said:
It isn't a post number
In that case what is it?
Are you asking what the number to the right of the word "Posts:" means? The number that increments each time you post? The number that's the same (for a given member) on every post on every topic?

Yes. Its taking all my resources to avoid telling you to stop be so condescending.
Oh, go on - let rip. You know I can take it. :D

Softus wrote

Are you asking what the number to the right of the word "Posts:" means? The number that increments each time you post? The number that's the same (for a given member) on every post on every topic?

I'm begining to lose the will to live, or I must be thicker than I thought I was previously, but what the hell are you talking about.
You are usually so concise, so could you please explain in laymans language.

It's. The. Total. Number. Of. Posts. That. You've. Made. Since. You. Joined.

Softus wrote

It's. The. Total. Number. Of. Posts. That. You've. Made. Since. You. Joined.

Well why didn't you say so in the first place.
In that case, all I was asking was an explanation for this

Colin h, subject wax crayon, Mon 16 July 4.40 Posts 22
Colin h subject internal doors, Weds 18 July 3.59 Posts 22

anobium said:
Well why didn't you say so in the first place.
If you really want the honest answer, it's because I thought you were winding me up.

I mean, you're not a stupid person anobium, so what happened tonight?

PS - you may not have noticed yet, but the date of joining is the same on every topic. :D

You are winding me up Softus but I will not take the bait.
Is there anybody out there who can understand what I am trying to ask and who can give me an explanation.
If I am talking a load of bo**ocks please do not hesitate to tell me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back