Odd Shaped Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya - I decided to buy new house doors instead of farting about with the old ones as the holes for handles are different from the ones I want to put on. Anyway, my cupboard doors are 80 x 24! I don't want to pay a fortune but can't seem to find this size! Is it a lot of hassle for a joiner to reduce the door frame from 80 to 78? Should I just give up on the replacement idea and clean up the old doors - they are egg box style - fill in the old drilled handle holes and get the joiner to put on the new handles? Any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Keep the original doors and get a joiner to repair the existing. You will never get the same quality replacement and all that expense and faffing about for new handles???

People look for original features when looking at houses now and go to great lengths in putting back features such as original doors.

You may have only just bought the place, but still think to the future and what a prospective buyer may want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back