32mm packers with 28mm glazing?

Did that, but as the bead is cut at an angle, including the tongue, so it is not visable.

I can only do it when there is nothing in the way, like the glazing panel.

Once I've got any of the beading in place, but want to slide along the frame to make sure the corners are in the correct position, it becomes impossible to move. It is firmly stuck against the glazing panel, like it's really squeezing it?

Hence my thought that the panel is too thick even though it's only 28mm?

Sponsored Links
Spray the panel with glass cleaner or WD, if you've got it locating but not sliding across your 90% there

Right, all done.
Spraying WD40 on the beading and using a hairdryer to soften the rubber must have made some difference, thanks. Still took ages and was a ba*tard to fit the beading, no idea how I'll get it off again if needed. :rolleyes:

Got the door so it closes nicely. Had to cheat a bit as one of the roller catches on the frame was slightly out and no amount of adjusting helped.

I thought all doors were adjustable vertically, which would have helped, but with these SwiftFrame doors, there is no vertical adjustment. :confused:

Out with the angle grinder and it now closes with no catching. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I spoke to the door manufacturer and was told that they did make 24mm panel doors, so suggested that it was possible I had such a door which is why the 28mm panel wouldn't fit. Could be right as I measured the gap and it was less than 28mm.

Regarding the fitting of the beading, they said they do a different style that was easier to fit for £50 a door, which to me is suggesting there is a problem with the fitting on these doors. :rolleyes:

Well what sort of door manufacturer is it that doesn't know what profile he's made your door from :eek: , they should know this!!!

And as for the beads.....well i can only guess he's trying to fob you off and offering you the correct beads, probably slimmer profile ones that allow for the thicker panel he mistakenly supplied :idea:

I bought the door from a building supplies place, so they could have bought a cheap batch of doors with ill-fitting beading?

I contacted the manufacturer as the supplier was no help, so he was just suggesting a reason for the beading not fitting.

Don't think I'll be buying another, put it that way. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back