32mm sink waste into toilet connector before going outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

excuse the poor quality drawing! another quick question....
can I connect the basin waste (yellow on drawing) into the toilet waste at the point shown. I would like to box it in along that wall and fit it into one 110mm pipe before it turns 90 degrees outside and into soil pipe..

just think it will look a bit tidier having the one sloping soil pipe on the outside....

the toilet will have a 90 degree toilet connector going straight out to the right from the back of the pan... i think about 300mm of pipe will be on show between toilet connector and before reaching outside wall. I suppose what im saying is can you buy one of these? or could I make one with a boss strap?

Sponsored Links
You can't put a boss on those connectors as they are not PVC and not 110mm diameter , they are usually something like polypropylene.

I can see the external stack is cast iron but it is not clear if the branch is original cast iron or a PVC replacement.

If not already done, you could replace the branch in PVC and make a boss pipe connection to the PVC section.

Depending on how long the soil pipe is in the bathroom you might be able to use a very short bent pan connector into PVC pipe which can have a boss pipe in the top. The PVC pipe would connect into the external bend fitting. Unless you can detail dimensions and what is PVC or cast iron it is not possible to be more specific.

Is there any reason why you can't simply take the basin waste through the wall into the hopper head like the two wasted already there? The external soil branch is only about 450mm long so your sketch does not seem right as the basin would be virtually on top of the WC!

I can see the external stack is cast iron but it is not clear if the branch is original cast iron or a PVC replacement.

thanks for the reply. sorry i have a couple of threads going at the moment and have failed to put in the OP that this is for a new downstairs cloak room under the stairs.... the drawing i did is how i want to set it out
The red dot on the 2nd pic is where the new 110mm plastic pipe will come out- on the right of the downstairs window.
im then going to cut the cast iron 6-8 inch above the concrete drive and add a plastic branch. the distance from the soil stack is 2.4 metres to the red dot on the pic. im hoping that I can get a drop of 150mm across that 2.4metres and ive read that about 50mm would be the minimum.(18mm per 1000mm).

the small basin will be just to the left of the window. based on the information you have just given me though its not going to work out boxing it inside- I think the best way is to bring basin waste out of wall and straight into a boss strap on the new 2.4 metre length of pipe on the outside. please correct me if any of that is wrong/wont work/will look messy!. i appreciate your help

thanks

Sponsored Links
For downstairs, you are right to just pop the waste through the wall into a boss on the top of branch. It will keep it neat inside.

Use an access bend where the soil pipe emerges from the wall.

Your biggest problem is that cast iron stack. Maybe it is time to consider replacing it all in PVC including provision for connecting the first floor bath and basin wastes into it and getting rid of the hopper head and pipe. Even the sink waste can be redirected into a new PVC stack. The only thing that will then give you hassle is the first floor WC!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back