35mm doors - will 100mm x 76mm hinges fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to fit new doors which are 35mm thick.

I like the chunky appearance of some firedoor hinges which are 100mm x 76mm.

Will these hinges fit a 35mm thick door - or be too big?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have 40mm door with 100x76 hinge and all good for the last 17 years since fitted.

I'm about to fit new doors which are 35mm thick.

I like the chunky appearance of some firedoor hinges which are 100mm x 76mm.

Will these hinges fit a 35mm thick door - or be too big?
Easiest way would be to hold a set up against the door and see how they look. Also against the door frame position, in case they are a mill or 2 too wide.

On a side note, looking at your profile pic, do you live in or near Lavenham in Suffolk?

Easiest way would be to hold a set up against the door and see how they look. Also against the door frame position, in case they are a mill or 2 too wide.

I accept the easiest way to check would be to hold them there and look at them :giggle: but these are hinges I was going to order online.

On a side note, looking at your profile pic, do you live in or near Lavenham in Suffolk?

I don't live there - but yes you're right the photo is of a house in Lavenham.

Sponsored Links
They should do in theory:

diag-J9500SSS_1_1400x.jpg

I don't live there - but yes you're right the photo is of a house in Lavenham.
Thought it was. I live about 2 1/2 miles away and have to go through there to get to places like Sudbury and Great Waldingfield.

Thanks for the image Freddie. That means I should get at least 4mm spare, so the hinge plates won't be seen from the front of the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back