3600 litres of warm water for baptistery?

The Sea of Galilee is in an area where typical day time temperatures are about 30 C and that means the water can be about 25 C. So not at all uncomfortable for a baptism.

Anyone floated in the Dead Sea?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Anyone floated in the Dead Sea?

Tony

I have in the Red Sea

april%20fools%20turd%20in%20toilet%20dr%20heckle.jpg

:D.

What about solar pool heaters? Free heat but not sure how long it would take to heat up.

Sponsored Links
Hi. My local Church has a 3600 litre baptising pool that needs filling once every six weeks or so. Stored water is out due the volume required and physical space for plant available. Also we are starting to delve into the depths of Legionella.

The water only needs to be sufficiently tepid that the dunkee does not go into cold shock response and drown.

Legionella should not be a problem; legionella is dormant below 20 deg C and the pool should be filled, used and emptied within 24 hours.

Although not a Baptist church, any local Baptist church would probably be willing to advise.

Every 6 weeks sounds like a lot of baptisms though - can't you save them up and batch dunk every few months?

Lol, guys.
Well, I have seen many people baptised in the sea, rivers and even hill lochs surrounded by snow! The idea of a plate heat exchanger sounds good. I'll have to investigate that more. its something that will work and work well.
Many thanks.
I thought you might like this thread as it's just so rare. The pastor likes the idea of a hot tub and is all for it, but is slightly concerned that it might give the wrong impression....

Its not at all uncommon at all.

Seventh Day Adventists Churches all have a large pool under the front area and regularly have total immersion baptisms.

The slightly good thing about their baptisms is that the Pasteur, in his suit and tie also gets into the water too!

Even better because if any of them are naughty like drinking any alcohol, they have to be readmitted to the Church starting with a baptism. I presume its a ritual washing of their unclean bodies.

Of course the Hindus also have ritual bathing in the holy river Ganges which is probably seriously polluted anyway.

But the Hindus also have the much more fun Festival of Holi where they throw water, coloured dyes and mud at anyone within range, which is of course everyone, as its all part of the fun to take part. If you think you would like to see it then search Youtube for "holi chemical".

Now, because its all so much fun, they have Holi celebrations all over the world.

Tony

Lol, guys.
Well, I have seen many people baptised in the sea, rivers and even hill lochs surrounded by snow! The idea of a plate heat exchanger sounds good. I'll have to investigate that more. its something that will work and work well.
Many thanks.
I thought you might like this thread as it's just so rare. The pastor likes the idea of a hot tub and is all for it, but is slightly concerned that it might give the wrong impression....

he could get away with the wine but it's when the topless women turn up that's the problem. ;) :LOL:

Swimming pool heat pump c/w solar panels to help running costs as a charity you should be able to get grants to assist.

Swimming pool heat pump c/w solar panels to help running costs as a charity you should be able to get grants to assist.

That's what I thought. Free heat so it doesn't matter how long it has to heat up for.

Another thing I need to check out, lol. I know that the buildings are quite high as its a built up area, but so is this one. Hmmmm.... Done a few solar jobs and even got the filling station so that wouldn't be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back