4:00pm - time for your electrocution sir!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A common problem, synchronous motor failure in a motorised CH valve, so got myself a replacement motor as its cheaper than the valve head and just a few minute job.

But I got distracted for a couple of hours. I'm in the habit of checking circuits are dead with my meter just to be certain, and did the same on my return to the airing cupboard, confirming I'd turned off the mains to the controller as I'd recalled.

If I'd been looking at my watch, I reckon it would have been about 3:55pm, and you've probably worked out where this story is heading.

If I'd not been a bit lazy and actually gone downstairs to double check, I'd have found the cupboard containing the fused outlet for CH controller open where I'd left it, but the mains very much on.

The spade connectors were insulated, but I was struggling to get one of them on and had a finger on bare metal at 4:00pm when the CH switched itself on.

One of lifes "Ouch! WTF?" moments.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back