Mid Position Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from previous post where I am still getting HW when only CH is selected I was looking at the mid-position valve voltages and concluded the voltages in CH and HW were as expected so I have now got around to having a look at the power head and valve.

Firstly, I noticed the scorching on the power head lid. Is this normal? The synchron motor is quite hot to the touch

02022020843.jpg

I then checked the movement of the valve. I understand that the spindle doesn't move far so does this look about right?

The feed comes in from behind the valve, with HW outlet to the top and CH to the bottom. I need to figure out which way the spindle needs to be rotated to get just CH
02022020844.jpg
02022020845.jpg

Sponsored Links
The Honeywell Valves do get ridiculously hot, some say there is an inherent design fault, with the lack of louvres or vents in the casing to allow heat to escape. Competitors products do seem to have a ventilated casing for this very reason. Advice is to drill holes in the casing to allow heat to escape/air to circulate, but if you do, ensure these are small enough to prevent small fingers touching any live parts internally.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Bernard, just the information I was looking for. I feel a bit of tinkering at the weekend may be in order! I don't fancy draining the system at the moment so I would like to check if there is a problem with the valve body or the power head before I go too far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back