4 appliances on a single 45a unfused spur

Cable positions 2 & 3 likewise and connect all of them to the 'load' of the cooker switch, ie the cooker switch will isolate all 3 appliances.

Thanks, I think this is the most helpful advice from all.

personally I wouldn't recommend these as it would be too easy to turn the 'cooker' off for cleaning and forget about the fridge

You're right and I haven't thought about this before. I will choose option C.

at full load leaves 1.6KW for the socket

From your calculations, it looks like you're considering 245V. I thought the base voltage was 230V in the UK, but 245/246V is what I actually see in my meter tests.
I mean, it varies during load, of course, but it was interesting to see you saying that, makes total sense to me. Looks like I should use 245V as a baseline.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I think this is the most helpful advice from all.

You're right and I haven't thought about this before. I will choose option C.

From your calculations, it looks like you're considering 245V. I thought the base voltage was 230V in the UK, but 245/246V is what I actually see in my meter tests.
I mean, it varies during load, of course, but it was interesting to see you saying that, makes total sense to me. Looks like I should use 245V as a baseline.
I thought I'd used 230V but it was all done on the back of a well scribbled envelope... If I've made errors I apologise, however my gut feeling is 'it looks close enough' without doing the sums again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back