4 gang appliance switch - please help

lol, thats not the colour of my walls, they are glass splashbacks and cost a fortune.

my kitchen is gloss black and it looks amazing with the lime green :)
:cool:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Gloss black you don't know Trigger by any chance do you!!!

Kelvo be honest now have you ever turned your Fridge/Freezer off by mistake and wondered what the smell was .........another daft idea from a designer who watches to much TV

Sponsored Links
I can't imagine that anyone with a gloss black kitchen is actually going to spend much time in there using it, not unless they have a live-in cleaner on call 24x7....

Go into the nearest electrical wholesaler to you and ask if they have MEM, if they don't they will tell you who the nearest that does is.

Worked when I needed a four gang faceplate a few years ago, the local CEF sent me to another wholesaler ! had never heard of and they had the part.

Switching the whoe thing over to the new brand is not difficult, fiddly and time consuming but not difficult.

Sponsored Links
I know this thread is very old but having had exactly the same problem I thought I would update it for anyone else reading it. MEM faceplates are now available through Eaton Electrical (www.eaton.com) and they will advise you of your nearest stockists if you email them. This particular 4 gang faceplate is available as at November 2015 and now has part numbers CP904** (plastic) and CM904** (metal) where ** is the finish (colour) code.

EDIT - The new faceplates are not quite the same size as the old ones so may not fit after all. Looks like the switches themselves are now a slightly different size to the old ones.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back