3 or 4 gang switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am starting to rewire my house but I am looking for a 3 gang or 4 gang switch that will supply my washer, drier, dishwasher (possibly) and fridge. these will all have no flex FCU behind each appliance to connect them into. Problem been i cant find these switches anywhere, they are normally always installed on new house builds.
I know its a pathetic question for this forum but does anyone know where I can find one?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
cleverspark said:
these will all have no flex FCU behind each appliance

:?:

The best (and neatest) install in my view is to have a bank of grid switches fed from a 32A radial, with either fuse modules for each in the same bank and 15A round pin unfused plugs under, or 20A switches above and 1363 sockets below.

The two sticking points are:

Chopping off the plug top on the appliance.

Whether you consider it within building regs to affix sockets to kitchen furniture.

Whatever method you choose, the best number of fuses per appliance is 1. You don't want to be scrabbling around trying to access a hidden plugtop to change a 13A fuse.

cleverspark said:
does anyone know where I can find one?
Cheers

I've got some in my car. ;)

Look:
gridswitch.jpg

Any electrical wholesaler will have them.

You need to ask for a grid plate for however many switches you want, a yoke to match and 20A grid switches with the apropriate label printed on them.

I'm glad you're not my spark!

I wouldn't want switches round my house with your name on... :LOL:

cheers for all the advice, the picture attached is exactly what im looking for, something with the labels on the switches.
guess im just going to have to find a decent electrical wholesaler in my area.
and i also know it is better to have the fused FCU above the worktop but im just going to live with the fact that if the fuse does ever blow im just going to have to pull my fridge, washer etc out of position.
looks so much neater if you cant see the fused connection.
The FCU will also be attached directly to the wall, not to any kitchen furniture, therefore not outdoing any building regs
Again cheers for all the advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back