4 panel horizontal / vertical internal door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I’m looking to replace my upstairs internal doors. They are 4 panel doors (original to the house - circa 1909 I believe) with the bottom two panels as ‘vertical’ panels and top two arranged horizontally.

I can’t seem to find replacements anywhere. Does anyone know what this style of door is called or where I could get new replacements from?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. It’s a Victorian rather than 1930’s style with the mid bar at halfway, but for whatever reason nobody seems to do a new equivalent.

The alternative is probably just to replace with a traditional 4 panel Victorian door...

Sponsored Links
You could get a joiner to make them for you. There are very likely people in your area who do work for restorations. There may be a small joinery works in a large shed at the end of a lane or the back of an industrial estate.

AFAIK trainee joiners still make a door with nothing more than saws, chisels and planes.

As an aside?

What is wrong with the doors you have in place now?

Ken

The more I look at them, the more I think maybe they should be kept and given some TLC. They’re stripped at the moment, though not very well so I may fill the gaps where the panels and mouldings have moved and warped, then sand and paint. Probably a lot cheaper and more original.

Any tips?

Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back