Replacing wood panels with glass panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have wooden 4 panel oak veneered doors through out our house. My other half is always going on about how the house would be so much brighter if the top panels were glased, particularly in the kitchen and living room. I've had a look around the DIY stores/chains but couldnt find any glassed panelled doors which matched the style of ours. I was thinking of replacing the wood panels with glass myself, however, after taking a closer look it seems the beading on both sides of the door appears to be moulded, rather than nailed on one side. I replaced a broken glass door panel in our last house which pretty easy as the beading on one side was removable, however, on these doors that doesnt seem to be the case. Anyone every tried this and was it easy to do?

Sponsored Links
yes done this to my old front door in my last house.
obtain the nearest beading,
then you will have to carefully remove one side using a sharp chisel and hammer,pare off until flush then remove pannel.
install glass then fix beading.jobs a gooden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back