Replacing upvc door panel with glass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to remove the beading and take out the complete pvc panel and replace with a glass panel instead?

Door like this

Cart1GeoBarTL.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes very easy job.
Assuming you will be getting someone in to do it and what area you live in, I would estimate £80-£100 for the glass and £60+ for fitting and disposal of the old panel.

Take some rough sizes bear in mind glass will go about 20mm behind each bead (so bead to bead +40mm for rough sizes) then pop around to some local glazers/double glazing companys asking for a quote.

Thanks

I rang a glass company and they priced £115 with the vat for door and side panel glass so I guess that's not bad.

I managed to pop the beading off and take a look at the panel. Its 24mm thick and has some wedges at the bottom,

Looks a fairly easy job so will do it myself. Just need to make sure I get the measurements right.

Thanks

I rang a glass company and they priced £115 with the vat for door and side panel glass so I guess that's not bad.

I managed to pop the beading off and take a look at the panel. Its 24mm thick and has some wedges at the bottom,

Looks a fairly easy job so will do it myself. Just need to make sure I get the measurements right.

To be honest at £115 if that includes a side panel, Checking the size and fitting as well Id just let them do it.
Would you have a vehical big enough to transport the glass if you do it yourself? I suspect their supply and delivery price wouldnt be much cheaper as it would only take the guy 20-30 mins or so to do it while he was there.

Sponsored Links
Pretty easy job but you need to be able to toe and heel, if you don't then let a pro do it otherwise your door will never open or shut smoothly again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back