4 way LNB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just started using Freesat via my Sky dish and LNB. Am thinking of getting a recording unit for Freesat. I take it I will need at least a dual lnb, for what reason would any-one need a quad lnb which I see is available.

Sponsored Links
my lnb has 6 ports on it,
2 needed downstairs on main tv hd plus(sky)
2 needed in my bedroom plus
and 1 each to the other 2 bedrooms for normal sky.

If its a standard Sky dish they don't make a dual LNB only a quad or octo. Advantage of the quad is two spare ports for either two single tuner boxes in other rooms or an extra twin tuner box.

It's a dish and lnb I bought online for DIY installation and free Sky reception.
I've just purchased a freesat box and have disconnected the dish from the sky box and connected it to the Freesat box. Was thinking of a recorder for Freesat in future, am I right in assuming a quad lnb will give me facilities to eventually run Freesat and Sky (free) side by side, both with recording facilities (with the proper boxes of course) Do I need an adapter to fit a quad lnb to the present holder on the Sky type dish.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the type of SKy dish and the LNB you have bought, the latest LNBs for the current MK4 minidish need a what's called a legacy adaptor to fit the older type dishes. Not many quads will fit the original 1998 channel master MK1 minidish.

A picture of the dish would be good.

Fitting the quad would allow a freesat plus and SKy plus box to work from the same dish two outputs to each recording box.

Thanks, I've since measured the section that the lnb fits into @ 20x30mm.
Seems to me as though it's a Mk3 ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back