4 wires to 3 wires on a pir floodlight help

Sponsored Links
I know i'm not an electrician but it in the first picture of the old pir isn't SL and the yellow wire switch live ?

Sponsored Links
well got it working it was the neutral wire that had gone brittle and snapped, just got to get it working from the switch now.

you won't get it working from the override switch (as it has a wire missing)

However read the instructions, it may tell you to flick the supply switch off and on for so many seconds, to turn it on

However read the instructions, it may tell you to flick the supply switch off and on for so many seconds, to turn it on

like i said as it is wired now the switch is in the off position but the pir works, the switch is not working

No. Your new light is different than the old one.

If it does then you will need to alter the wiring in the light.

what about disconnecting and make safe the live from the supply(red wire) and connect the yellow SL wire ?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back