40mm waste run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Running the services in before the kitchen goes in and about to do the waste run. My proposal is in the attatched image.

waste.jpg

I plan to run the black section first, all 40mm solvent weld then fit the units, sink, trap etc and connect something similar to the red section into the trap once I know its final position.

Reading about falls etc min 18mm max 90mm over a meter. I'm going to have to incorporate a vertical fall is this acceptable? I guess I could run the long run higher and guage where the trap is going to align but get it wrong and Im buggered.

The run in total is probably 2m max. The pipe on the left runs through the wall directly into a gulley.

Any suggestions? Ive got building control out next week to pass the build off I dont want them spotting anything to hold it up.

Cheers.

Chris

Sponsored Links
I'd do the vertical drop straight after the trap, (swept bends I always think are preferable to elbows, and make cleaning our easier if needed), and then run the horizontal section at a sensible fall.

Never considered swept bends have a pack of elbows ready to go but Ill return these and exchange for the swept bends, thanks for that.

So for now so I can get the units in I'm going to fit the following,

waste1.jpg

A swept bend from the pipe coming from the wall, a fall no bigger than 90mm upto roughly where the sinks going with another swept bend ready for when the sinks in place.

Once sink and trap are in, small section of pipe compressed on trap end, solvent welded to another swept bend on the other then a vertical drop with swept bend at the bottom, small section of pipe then to join this upto to the swept bend thatll be in place already.

I'll fit a anti vac trap aswell so all bases should be covered, shouldnt they? ha.

Thanks for your input.

Sponsored Links
Yes, although if external section isnt glued yet, may be wise to fit a tee, with a rodding eye, to allow easier access to the internal run should it ever block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back