40mm welded pipe/ boss removal: new pipe needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm changing my bath from a traditional end-draining bath to a "double ender" where it has the plug in the centre.

I've checked the positioning of the drain pipe (40mm, weld) and it exits the main soil pipe at the wrong point.

Basically it comes out at 45 deg, goes through a 135 deg obtuse elbow and then to the end of the bath (Very close, little pipe exposed). I need the 135 deg elbow rotated through 180 deg so it runs down the other wall towards the new plug hole position.

I thought this boss into the soil pipe would have been one of the rubber ones so I could just rotate it but it appears to be welded into the boss (I've not tried rotating yet).

Is there a way to clean off weld or knock off the boss and replace with a similar one?

What about breaking through the middle of the boss and cleaning to accept a rubber grommit type boss adapter for the 40mm pipe?

Any suggestions would be welcome thanks.

-Andy

Sponsored Links
It's all solvent weld and it's not worth messing about with. Can you not alter it after the first 135 bend?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back